Monday, January 28, 2008

President Hinckley

Last night as the TV show was interrupted we were watching to show that Presidnet Hinckely had passed away, our entire family burst in to tears. I stood there with my eyes fixed on the screen while I held Brielle, Brikenna, & Brooklyn's sobbing bodies. What a shock that we all knew would eventually come. I'll always remember what a fantastic leader he was. I always loved his cute little cane as he waved it in the air. I thought he was hilarious when he pretended to "knight" Henry B. Eyring at the last General Conference. President Hinckley was so funny & sweet, but also so inspiring & positive. We'll miss him! But can you even imagine the reunion he's having with his cute little wife, Marjorie, as well as with the Savior? Wow... My sister, Tracy, told us that the new age of technology hit ~ & to the credit of the youth of our church. Her son, Andrew (A junior in high school) got a text Sunday night from a friend telling them to wear church clothes to school the next day in honor of Presidnet Hinckley. Apparently the high schools were bombarded by youth in dress clothes today. The rising generation... they never cease to amaze me!

3 comments:

Traci said...

Really sad, but he did get to live a long fulfilled life and to know he is happy with his wife now is a great thing!

Cordie said...

Great minds do think alike! It is so sad that your girls were all crying! He touched the young and the old! What a wonderful man!

Jillian said...

that is so cool about wearing church clothes to school. I would have loved to have been there to see it!

Family Reunion 2008!


Bear Lake


Ruud & Proud of it!

Summer at Bear Lake

Summer at Bear Lake

About Me

My photo
Montpelier, ID, United States
I love... mascara! (The more layers, the better!)... My hunka-love named Tony... My fabulous-five! (Brooklyn, Brikenna, Bridger, Brielle, & Brig!)... Sister's Weekends... Keith Urban! (If I were a polygamsit, he'd be husband #2...:)... A fast-paced game of volleyball... Warm Vacations... Olive Garden & Macaroni Grill... Cheating at card games (Hey, it's funner that way! :))... Funny shows... Snuggling in warm clothes straight from the dryer... Fast 4-Wheeler rides in the mud... Loud music... Big malls in big cities... Taking pictures... E-mail... Carmel pretzel ice cream... Foot Massages... Hair Brushings...Teenager-Style Clothes! (I have a problem ~ I still think I'm 18...)