Friday, January 11, 2008

Famous Fans...


Okay, so this one's for Katie... the rest of you that have heard it a thousand times... LIVE WITH IT! It was the coolest night & re-living it gets my heart-rate up to an aerobic workout every time! So, we went to the Keith Urban concert in our matching shirts that my sisters & I designed. I made them on my computer. (The insignia was a Superman sign, but instead of a huge "S" we put a "K" on it & put "Urban Legend" on the sides with some rhinestone-bling around the outside of it. SO CUTE!) So anywhoo ~ this post could be 4 days long if I type up all the details (Yes, it was THAT exciting!) so I will write an impatient, out of breath version: Here goes! Got to concert. Our seats so far away we could almost touch the ceiling. Not happy. Snuck down to good seats while the opening act was still on. Got kicked out. Dang. Not taking no for an answer. Found some med-techs & tried to beg them to get us floor seats. No go unless we wanted to take off our wedding rings... BAD! Devils... Saw cousin Holly! Woo! Hug & kiss her. Sneak back in when lights go low. Keith Urban hitting the stage! Run to empty seats 3 rows from smaller stage. No one kicks us out this time. Keith ultimate blast! We ran to stand at the gate! Now we are FIRST ROW with nothing between us & Keith except a gate, security guards, & 20 feet of blank space! Singing, dancing like we were teenagers! FRONT ROW, people, FRONT ROW! Camera-man comes up & yells, "What's with the shirts?" so I gave him a close up. They put us on the HUGE SCREEN! More than once, apparently! The BIG one that spans from one side of the arena to the other! Brian Nuttle (one of the guitarists) sits on edge of stage & sings to us. The other band members are laughing & having fun jamming to us singing & dancing. Feels like we were the only ones in the arena! Brian Nuttle throws us his guitar pick. I'm pointing at Keith & singing. He looks STRAIGHT INTO MY EYES, POINTS TO ME, & sings, "You are my Better Half!" (Katie, that was no lie! I swear it happened! Ask my sisters!) Then he jams his guitar & twirls, laughing. Me, I think I might have peed my pants at that moment! If you can get high on music & Keith, then I was there, baby! I WAS THERE! Whole concert was a rocking blast. No one rocks like Keith. Country music? Yeah, right! He can ROCK! Concert over, we leaving. Get stopped by LOTS of different people leaving the concert. They want PICTURES with us. We are like, What?" They all said they saw us on the BIG screen a lot. People were trying to buy our shirts off us, too! What? Feeling popular ~ like a better version of high school... Except that I'm 35 now instead of 17. Going to car. Security Guard comes up to us. Says some guys want to talk to us. We flash our wedding rings & start to make a break for the car. YIKES! Security Guard says, "It's Keith's BAND!" We look over. Sure enough... his BAND is motioning to us! We go over & spend half hour chatting with them! They sign our shirts. They tell us they'll get us tickets to Spokane, WA for that weekend if we'll follow their concert. They give us their "MY SPACE" & ask us to post our picture on it. They tell us playing to people who are having as much fun as we were having gives the concerts such a fun energy! They loved us! They wanted to bring us along to keep up that energy! Nothing bad at all, in case you are thinking we are naughty. Nope. Talked to Brian Nuttle about his wife. Talked to Chris Martin (another band member) about my kids. He said I should've brought Brooklyn & Kenna & he'd get us tickets if we wanted. Tempting, but Mother's Gone Wild isn't a show I can be on. Keith had been swept back to his hotel room right after concert, so didn't get to meet him. Dang. But really, the night was so much fun! I can never go to a concert again. Any other would be a total disappointment! And for a pathological liar, this ALL IS THE TRUTH! I Ruud-Promise! (That means my temple recommend would be on the line if I broke that promise! :) Oh... Now do you see why I love Keith Urban? I really AM his BETTER HALF!

9 comments:

Jeff and Lea said...

Koriann, You are such a hoot and crazy person! I miss you! Your fam is sooo cute. You are so right about me being away from family. It will be hard but hey it's a new adventure for us. We will make the best of it. Talk to ya later.

Sondra said...

You are way too cool! Are you sure you are my cousin, because I'm way more nerdy than this. This is very neat stuff. I'm glad that you relived this awesome fun evening for us, so that we could live vicariously through you! Love you!

MikeG Family said...

I can still see in my head what a high you were all on when you guys came back to my place that night, and I have a big grin on my face hearing it again! Woo! Maybe our next sisters weekend should be a concert...can you even imagine how much fun we would all have?

Cordie said...

That sounds like one wild night! Holy cow you girls are lucky! That is a story to remember!

k8shoe said...

How fun! I'm so glad you shared it and I GUESS that I believe you! Just kidding....what a great experience!

Anonymous said...

I love reading this! Of course I was a bit jealous that I missed out on all the fun... But, you totally deserve this amazing night! Yeehaw!

Jeff and Holly said...

You are too funny!! I think I want to look good not fat! I think I will go for the realistic view! I know that he would be the real one getting a present, but he refuses to see it that way. I'll just keep begging in the mean time!

Katrina said...

Guppy, I'm glad you had so much fun. I am a bit jealous though. I love Keith Urban too. But I'm a big chicken. I don't think I would have snuck up to the good seats even once, let alone twice. I love the shirt too!

Camille said...

Hey girly! Thanks for your comments on my blog :) Yes as of this coming Saturday we have only 6weeks to go!!!!!!!! We honestly haven't done too much shopping for her yet cause we are waiting for after showers, but I can't wait to get it all ready! I did get her blessing dress- and it is freaking adorable :) It will be grandchild #17!! PS... I love the name Brielle. That was one of the names we were thinking of to name this one . . . and if we have another girl, that just might be her name!

Family Reunion 2008!


Bear Lake


Ruud & Proud of it!

Summer at Bear Lake

Summer at Bear Lake

About Me

My photo
Montpelier, ID, United States
I love... mascara! (The more layers, the better!)... My hunka-love named Tony... My fabulous-five! (Brooklyn, Brikenna, Bridger, Brielle, & Brig!)... Sister's Weekends... Keith Urban! (If I were a polygamsit, he'd be husband #2...:)... A fast-paced game of volleyball... Warm Vacations... Olive Garden & Macaroni Grill... Cheating at card games (Hey, it's funner that way! :))... Funny shows... Snuggling in warm clothes straight from the dryer... Fast 4-Wheeler rides in the mud... Loud music... Big malls in big cities... Taking pictures... E-mail... Carmel pretzel ice cream... Foot Massages... Hair Brushings...Teenager-Style Clothes! (I have a problem ~ I still think I'm 18...)