Monday, January 21, 2008

Family Football War!





This has been an exciting year for football in our family. Tony's San Diego Chargers finally have a seaon worth watching... & Bridger has totally been following the New England Patriots since they started the winning streak (that's how he decides who his "team" is... by who is winning!) Yesterday, for the AFC Championship game, guess who was up against each other? Yip! Chargers vs. Patriots! I know. Some are out there judging us right now for our "wholesome" Sunday activities. But, hey, the 1st Counselor in our Stake Presidency called us at kick-off, laughing, asking how attitudes & tempers were in our household right then. Even told Tony he'd put in a prayer for the Chargers... Funny, huh? Anywhoo~ the kids went & made cheerleading signs & posted them on the entertainment center, the microwave, the front door, & even on their backs! Tony got a nice leather "Chargers" baseball hat, & Bridger got a nice leather "Patriots" hat for Christmas & they were wearing them with a vengence. They were serious. You don't mess with a guy's hat! It was father against son... daughter against mother... sister against sister... & in the end Bridger's team (& mine & Kenna's) came out on top. The Charger fans (ie Tony, Brooklyn, & Brielle) are a bit of poor sports with all their pouting & moping around! Now, bring on the Super Bowl! Go New England! Beat those Giants!

9 comments:

Tara Mc said...

Hey Koriann- How cute are you. It kinda looks like I just did a copy from yours to mine. I really didn't but looking at yours, I might use some of your cute idea's. Love your blog. So great to hear from you.

Jillian said...

such cute pics of Tony and Bridger! Glad that your sons team won over Tony's :)

MikeG Family said...

Well...Mike and I wanted the Green Bay Packers to go all the way, but since they got beat by the Giants last week, I'm on your team! Go Pats!

Cordie said...

My husband wishes so bad that I would get into football! I just can't I've tried so hard and I just can't do it! Dang it! I do love March madness for Basketball!

matt and suz said...

Hi Koriann - It's Suzanne, your Fowers cousin! I think someone in my family gave me your blog address, but I keep checking it out since it is FUN to read. My boys totally love that your son knows & loves sports/football. We took the polls, but it seems like we could only vote once - is that right or are we "poll illiterate?!?" My son wanted to vote differently than I did! ***They also want to know the exact age of the kids (instead of my guesstimate). Some of the ages could be found on the blog, but not all. Apparantly, their "coolness" might increase if they are the "right" age!***

Ruuddudes said...

Suz!!! Thanks for the comments! I've been missing you for years! I tried to click into your blog but I can't, dang you :) If you want, my e-mail is imsoruud@msn.com and you can invite me if you want hint hint hint
Love you so!
Oh, and yes, I'll make sure my kid's ages are posted & I will make the polls so that you can vote more than once!

matt and suz said...

Hi, This is Ryan - the almost 12-yr. old son of Suzanne....
It looked like in the picture that Tony was wearing a New England Patriots jersey, if so, why were you wearing it Tony? It clashed with your Chargers hat! :) Hey Bridger- I think you're a couple years younger than me but I like football, too (although my team didn't make it to the playoffs - Go BRONCOS!). So you like New England, I suppose last year you liked Payton and the Colts....?

Ruuddudes said...

Oh, Ryan, you are a perceptive one! In fact, that IS a New England jersey Tony is wearing in that picture! Tony had just been in his garment top so when I got out the camera, Tony just grabbed the closest shirt... which just so happened to be a Patriots jersey. I didn't even notice. Now I'm laughing! He looks a bit like a traitor, huh?

Sondra said...

Yeah, we don't really watch sports around here, but you guys really know how to do it with style! It's wonderful that you can make it a familiy activity. You guys are obviously terrific parents. Love you!

Well, I guess Wally does watch the hunting channel from time to time (ugh!). And Tiff likes to watch the boys in the ward play basketball. (love you Tiff!)

Family Reunion 2008!


Bear Lake


Ruud & Proud of it!

Summer at Bear Lake

Summer at Bear Lake

About Me

My photo
Montpelier, ID, United States
I love... mascara! (The more layers, the better!)... My hunka-love named Tony... My fabulous-five! (Brooklyn, Brikenna, Bridger, Brielle, & Brig!)... Sister's Weekends... Keith Urban! (If I were a polygamsit, he'd be husband #2...:)... A fast-paced game of volleyball... Warm Vacations... Olive Garden & Macaroni Grill... Cheating at card games (Hey, it's funner that way! :))... Funny shows... Snuggling in warm clothes straight from the dryer... Fast 4-Wheeler rides in the mud... Loud music... Big malls in big cities... Taking pictures... E-mail... Carmel pretzel ice cream... Foot Massages... Hair Brushings...Teenager-Style Clothes! (I have a problem ~ I still think I'm 18...)