Saturday, April 26, 2008

Volleyball

Thursday night was our city league volleyball tournaments. I played on JJ Sports team, & we WON the championship for "A" league! I have to admit, though, I am the weakest link on my team. My team is a bunch of powerhouse hitters, like Wendy Parker, Shelly Sherman, Angie Saxton, Francie Homer, Brandi Olsen, & I. (Kwinnae Phelps played with us, too, but wasn't able to make it for the championship tourney.) I'm not kidding ~ half the time I catch myself just standing there in awe, with my mouth open in a stunned daze after these girls hit the ball. They are INCREDIBLE! After they swing, I can't even SEE the ball! There is just whooshing sound & then the crack as it hits something. Usually it is some poor soul who is left with a stinging arm. Mostly it is the floor. I try to trick myself into thinking that they need me.. a pathetic, ol' setter... & I feel lucky if it is off one of my sets that they nail the ball down with a vengeance. I just feel privileged to get to play with them.

It was a double elimination tourney, & we didn't lose any of the games Thursday night. There were plenty of really great teams out there with plenty of powerhouse hitters... I still would've loved every minute of it even if we hadn't won. I mean, to play good, fast-paced volleyball where there is a lot of great athletes is a blast in & of itself!

13 comments:

Sondra said...

Guppy, They must be awesome, because I'm positive that you could whoop my butt, and probably the butt's of all of my sisters. Volleyball is fun.

Allie said...

Gup, you are being too modest! You rock! You are a Campbell girl, so it probably comes natural. Good Job! GO GUPPY!

Cordie said...

Oh you make me so jealous! I want to play volleyball so bad! I am sure you are an awesome setter! Congrats on the big win!!!

val said...

Fun! We just finished our tourney..we got ousted pretty quick, but it was sure fun to play real volleyball again! And I'm sure you were not the weakest link..you are a tough, hard-hitting chick for sure!

Tracy Beckett said...

Can't wait for our reunion when we can play volleyball together! If you are ever here on a Thursday, I still go play--it is way fun! Even though the gals I play with are really good and college players, it is some good fun volleyball! Way to make us proud.

MikeG Family said...

You lie - you ROCK at volleyball! I was always afraid of being on the other side of the court from you, because you've got a mean spike! Glad you won the championship!

Camille said...

Oh I love volleyball! I bet you really are #1 on the team and you are just being modest! Congrats girl!

Karmen said...

Okay, between you, Tracy and Val, I'm starting to DREAD the family reunion only because of the volleyball tourney! It's been a year and a half since I've played some serious volleyball and I seriously am going to look like a freakin' weakling come reunion time! I'll be the scorekeeper...

Tiff Alaine said...

I am horrible at volleyball, although I do think it's fun. I used to be Ok at it, but still pretty pathetic. But now I'm...well, I guess I don't have to say it. =/ I'm pretty sure I couldn't be more pathetically useless than I am now at it. My only consolation when I last played was that my girl friend Nannie was just about as bad as I was. There I said it.

Jeff and Holly said...

Tourney, setter, spike???? Whhaaat? I love volley ball, but NO BODY loves me playing it with them. Play against me and I am positive that you will leave feeling like you ROCK! Glad you guys did so well and that you had a great time while doing it!

Jeff and Lea said...

Oh, this post makes me wanna play again so bad! I used to play for JJ Sports too, back when I worked for them. They are a great team. Glad that you got to play with them. Who did you beat in the championship?

Nate the GREAT said...

Hey! um..... Brielle, can you invite to your blog? My e-mail is natesoccer999@gmail.com. Thanks!

Love ya!
Nate

Nate the GREAT said...

Also Brooklyn... please invite me!
Love ya!
Nate

Family Reunion 2008!


Bear Lake


Ruud & Proud of it!

Summer at Bear Lake

Summer at Bear Lake

About Me

My photo
Montpelier, ID, United States
I love... mascara! (The more layers, the better!)... My hunka-love named Tony... My fabulous-five! (Brooklyn, Brikenna, Bridger, Brielle, & Brig!)... Sister's Weekends... Keith Urban! (If I were a polygamsit, he'd be husband #2...:)... A fast-paced game of volleyball... Warm Vacations... Olive Garden & Macaroni Grill... Cheating at card games (Hey, it's funner that way! :))... Funny shows... Snuggling in warm clothes straight from the dryer... Fast 4-Wheeler rides in the mud... Loud music... Big malls in big cities... Taking pictures... E-mail... Carmel pretzel ice cream... Foot Massages... Hair Brushings...Teenager-Style Clothes! (I have a problem ~ I still think I'm 18...)