Monday, April 7, 2008

Lunch Bunch


This post actually happened a few days before we left for Spring Break to St. George, & I wanted to include it on my blog. Because life got so hectic with packing and taking off for a week, I just kept putting it off. I went to get my hair cut the other day, & my friend, Tricia, told me she'd been checking me blog for the last couple WEEKS to see if I'd posted it yet! AAAWWW! I felt so bad! So, here it is! A day late & a dollar short... This one's for you, Tricia!
We had Lunch Bunch at my house a few weeks ago, and it was SO fun! I really needed the adult conversation & the food that everyone ELSE brought (I HATE to eat my own cooking! :)) was absolutely yummy. As everyone is slowly leaving, there were just 3 of us left yapping in the kitchen... Tricia, Liz, & I. As we are talking, suddenly Tricia says, "The babies are too quiet!" & she takes off toward the front door. This is what we found! Liz's delectable, homemade carrot cake being SHOVED into their mouths as fast as they could go! Their pudgy little fists were a mess. Of course we all start laughing & I run for my camera. At this point, it gets Cooper and Brig all excitable, & they start laughing. What were they laughing at, you might ask? I would've thought it was simply the fact that they had MAULED this carrot cake & weren't in any sort of trouble (just giggling mommies! Who could get mad?!?!)) but to our surprise, they had started a cake-fight! They were hucking it at each other! Okay,I'm not sure Cooper hucked any... but I've got proof that Brig hucked some! Oh, these cute little precious boys!
And Liz, next time we do this... you might want to just use a cake mix so that if these two get into any more mischief, it won't make me feel so GUILTY! :)

14 comments:

Unknown said...

That is so adorable!! They are so darn cute. And caught right in the act. How funny. It is so nice you can share those moments. Well we made it home. We had a blast but are very tired! How did Volley ball go? Talk to ya soon!

val said...

Funny Boys! So funny to see Brig chuching cake at you! I cannot keep up with Gavin, I will just make sure to keep a yummy cake out of reach! So, also, post a pic of your haircut too?!

erika said...

Boys will be boys!I love that you caught him doing it too. Hey I also want to see your new haircut?

MikeG Family said...

What cute and naughty little men! They are both handsome little things. I'm glad you got to get together with friends, too. It's so rejuvinating!

Jeff and Lea said...

Ah, what mischievous little boys! I haven't experienced it yet, but is seems when the kids get quiet is when they are doing something naughty! I loved that you grabbed your camera and caught them in the act.

Johnson Family said...

I love it! Send it in the win the Million Bucks!
Hey also I went private with my blog so email me and I'll send you an invitation. mandysj21@yahoo.com

Callie, Shawn and Braxton said...

I don't know if I could do the subway and hanger thing now that i have mother's hip syndrome. For entertainment, however, I added a pic of me in the subway oven. I thought I had one of the hanger, but no show. WE're in the middle of packing, too, so i might have looked in the wrong place. As for the moose and yak, moose I've only had in a soup, but Yak, we've had the burger and steak. Great stuff. Anyway, you're blog looks so cute and I laughed at the cake fight. Too much fun. I'll stop writing a novel now...

Karmen said...

What a nice mom you are, Gup! I probably wouldn't have laughed, but spanked! Well, if it was Brig, of course I would have laughed too and kissed his face off! Cutest Man-Man!

Jeff and Holly said...

That is so cute! I love it when we catch them in the act. Too bad about the carrot cake though! Man those are the best. **Liz, you are invited to my house anytime!!**
You won't believe that I actually blogged what happened while we were on the phone. I'm going to gross out more than one reader!

As for Sunday, I am going to follow through with the plan. I'll pass it on to a few. I wish you guys the BEST!!

Doney Days said...

That is hilarious! Watching Brig throw that made me feel a little better about Gavin. He's constantly throwing everything! Today he was hucking wet, soggy Frosted Flakes all over my kitchen! But I wasn't as nice as you. He got in trouble. I love the new layout!

Anonymous said...

You are such a FUN mom! I love the video. They are both so darn cute, it would have been hard to get mad at them. Brig is too cute! He wasn't a bit afraid, I think he wanted you to join in. It's hard not to baby the baby, I know, I get accused of it all the time! As for Cooper, he wasn't gonna admit to nothin! I love that little man!

The Perkins Family said...

Too funny. Boys will be boys. Was there any cake left over for you guts?

Sondra said...

Yum! I don't blame the little guys! Homemade carrot cake! So cute and messy!

Briana said...

Brig you made a BIG mess!

Family Reunion 2008!


Bear Lake


Ruud & Proud of it!

Summer at Bear Lake

Summer at Bear Lake

About Me

My photo
Montpelier, ID, United States
I love... mascara! (The more layers, the better!)... My hunka-love named Tony... My fabulous-five! (Brooklyn, Brikenna, Bridger, Brielle, & Brig!)... Sister's Weekends... Keith Urban! (If I were a polygamsit, he'd be husband #2...:)... A fast-paced game of volleyball... Warm Vacations... Olive Garden & Macaroni Grill... Cheating at card games (Hey, it's funner that way! :))... Funny shows... Snuggling in warm clothes straight from the dryer... Fast 4-Wheeler rides in the mud... Loud music... Big malls in big cities... Taking pictures... E-mail... Carmel pretzel ice cream... Foot Massages... Hair Brushings...Teenager-Style Clothes! (I have a problem ~ I still think I'm 18...)