Wednesday, April 16, 2008

My Big 3-6!






What a fun weekend I had! It was my 36th birthday, so we had a birthday party Saturday night. Two of my sisters (Karmen & Tiff) & their families came down. We had fun. Except Tony, of course, when he decided to add milk to the chocolate fountain & all the silky smooth chocolate immediately curdled into chunky chocolate! (Nothing a quick trip to Broulims couldn't fix, though ~) Thanks, everyone! It was SO great to eat tons, play with you, & get older. How nice! You all are the best!


Some people say birthdays are hard on them & they hate them. Me, I don't care! But as I've been thinking about the first 36 years of my life, I got thinkin' that I'm getting smarter & smarter as I go. Here are some of the life lessons I've learned...


*When wet-wipes say they are non-flushable, believe them.


*Fighting both wrinkles & zits at the same time is an unfair freakage of nature.


*Goosebumps make your leg-hair grow. I don't care what scientists say. They are nerds anyway & probably don't even SHAVE their legs. I'll go to the grave believing this.


*Popping rocks are NOT to be inhaled up the nose, no matter how ticklish & funny your 9 year old son makes them sound.


*Science experiments involving baking soda & vinegar should NOT be done right before company comes...


*No matter how much I visualize myself diving for a volleyball, my body doesn't obey. I'm sorta glad, too. I'd hate to cry in front of my friends on the court.


*THE SECRET is a crock of crap. If it were true, my bank account would have millions & I'd be living in a hut on Kauaii with a maid.


*Gravity is true & my bootie is obeying.


*Sweet, slobbery baby-kisses make EVERYTHING better... except when you get them strategically placed on the front of your shirt right before you have to stand in the front of the class at church. That just makes people laugh.


*Dishes & laundry are of the devil. And since I hate the devil, I avoid them both at all costs.


*No matter how many birthdays I have, my brain still think it is only 18. So do my clothes.


*The little soft plastic rim in my eyelash curler is NECESSARY! Otherwise, the eyelash curler just becomes a pair of eyelash scissors. I should know.


*Eyelashes take a good 3 months to grow back if you accidentally cut them off. Refer back to the last point if you are confused.


*A nest full of baby birdies in your dryer vent WILL DIE if you do continual loads of laundry all day. And the smell won't go away until the Fall. So, baby birdies are in-cahoots with the devil. Again, a reason to avoid the laundry.


*Clowns aren't really funny at all. They are usually quite creepy. And what's the big deal about balloons shaped like dogs? I hate dogs.


*Cat's are just as dumb as dogs. I hate them, too. The best pet would be a jellyfish tank if they just wouldn't kill you when you tried to play with them.


*Cows WILL chase you, even if your friend says, "They are MORE scared of you..." Dang liar.


*No matter how gross you look, it's a turn-on to your husband when you ride a 4-wheeler real wild in the mud.


*You get a WAY better tan if you lay out on your roof instead of the lawn. Just hope that the bishop's wife doesn't feel the "need" to "inform" your dad. The big tattletale.


*If you can't touch the bottom of the lake, your mind WILL wander about fish biting off your toes or dead bodies snagging on to your ankles. That just makes you panic. And have a strong urge to wet your pants.


*If the guy making your food at the restaurant is hairy, greasy, or licks his fingers, you might find it is a real good idea to leave without paying. Or eating.


*Dust can multiply & replenish the earth. Faster than rabbits even.


*It's a sad day when the kids outgrow the diaper bags. I mean, how else am I supposed to sneak treats into church?


There. Now you all can be smarter, too, without having to get old & decrepit, like me! I wonder what the next year will bring me. I mean... I'm already like a genius in the smarts department...

22 comments:

Jayson & Carrie said...

Ahh Koriann! I sure wish I lived closer to you for some comic relief in my life! You crack me up! Glad you had a fun birthday!

Doney Days said...

So glad you had a Happy Birthday! I love the pic of Tony with the chuncky chocolate. Sometimes our hubby's think they know everything! I love the things you've learned in the past 36 years. They cracked me up. So was it Granny Annie that informed your dad about the roof tanning?

The Perkins Family said...

Happy late birthday. Glad you had a good time. I totally agree with you on the goosebumps. I'm going private so get me your email address.

Traci said...

Happy Birthday! Glad some of your sisters could be with you too to help celebrate! Looked like loads o' fun for sure!
Hey- I am with you about the leg hair growing thing all the way!!! Glad to know I am not the only one either!

Charity Smith said...

I love you! You make me laugh so hard!! I'm glad you had a great Birthday all the really cool people have April Birthdays!!!

Jeff and Holly said...

That is by far the best post I have ever read! You are such a fun person. I am kicking myself for not having the opportunity to hang out with you more. I'm seriously hoping for a miracle that you will develope a great fondness for cold long winters!!

Campbell said...

Happy Birthday Guppy. Looks like you guys had lots of fun. I love the picture of Tony. That's hilarious. Wish we could have been there to celebrate with you.

Cordie said...

Happy belated birthday!!! I loved your list, you could be one of the coolest people I know, seriously! Keep it up!!!

Camille said...

Happy birthday Gup! You Rock! I love checking your blog because it always gives me the good laugh I need for the day :) You go girl!

val said...

Happy Birthday, Sis! Looks like a fun party, I'm so glad Tif and Karm could come! And then, YOU SHOULD WRITE A NEWSPAPER COLUMN! So funny, I love you to pieces! But what is THE SECRET? I'm slow and uninformed..

Karmen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Karmen said...

Guppy, that's the best post I've read in a long time! Do you still have my passwords? I'm thinking you should get on my blog and post for me so I sound awesome, funny and smart! You and Summer know how to leave some pretty entertaining blogs!
We had a blast there and hope to make it back soon...oh, and one more thing you should have added to your list of things you have learned...

If you get into a car accident because your sexy younger sister decided to grab the steering wheel from the passenger seat, don't tell the cop that you sneezed; they won't believe you.

Tracy Beckett said...

Love it, Guppy! Very entertaining read! Way to learn from those great life lessons...love you so!

Katrina said...

Guppy, Isn't it nice we get more wise as we get older? That is a great list of life lessons. I agree with Val, you should write a column. I love you tons. I'm glad you had a nice birthday!

Jeff and Lea said...

Happy Belated Birthday! I'm so glad that you don't care about birthdays and getting older. You are so full of life and I love looking at your blog. You are VERY smart, love all the things you've learned over your 36 years. You are so funny thinking those sea lions were just rocks. They do look like it though. Thanks for all your comments on my blog. Keep up the creative posts!

k8shoe said...

Very good life lessons! Thanks for sharing. And you are right not to feel bad about having another birthday because you look at LEAST 10 years younger. And I'm not even exaggerating!

P.S. I use my purse as the treat sneaker if I don't have the diaper bag. You just have to make sure nobody catches you eating fruit snacks in Sacrament.

Summer said...

wow. I'm so glad I came to read your blog today. I feel like I can stay in my 20's forever now--I know All of the essentials! thanks!
And Happy late birthday--I think I'll always love birthdays too, even my own. :)

Sondra said...

That was so funny! How did I miss this post? Man, it's too bad I'm already old and decrepit, but I can still learn from your hard earned wisdom, you crazy girl!

MikeG Family said...

GUPPY! You are so funny and creative - did we even come from the same parents? I have no funny or creative gene in me! This blog was HILARIOUS! You need to print this one out and scrapbook this stuff - loved this post!

Tara Mc said...

What wonderful words of wisdom, you should write books, they'd sell!! Looks like you had a fun party. Happy Birthday, I'm glad that you're cool with birthday's. I love mine too.

Cherice said...

Happy Birthday. I am right behind you on the big 36. I am glad you added the life lesson about not telling the cop that you sneezed when you took out the mailbox. That is still one of my favorite "Guppy" stories.

Jared and Steph Gunn said...

Okay, Cows don't chase EVERYONE ELSE!!!! Dont know what to tell you there!!!!! Ahhhhhh!

Family Reunion 2008!


Bear Lake


Ruud & Proud of it!

Summer at Bear Lake

Summer at Bear Lake

About Me

My photo
Montpelier, ID, United States
I love... mascara! (The more layers, the better!)... My hunka-love named Tony... My fabulous-five! (Brooklyn, Brikenna, Bridger, Brielle, & Brig!)... Sister's Weekends... Keith Urban! (If I were a polygamsit, he'd be husband #2...:)... A fast-paced game of volleyball... Warm Vacations... Olive Garden & Macaroni Grill... Cheating at card games (Hey, it's funner that way! :))... Funny shows... Snuggling in warm clothes straight from the dryer... Fast 4-Wheeler rides in the mud... Loud music... Big malls in big cities... Taking pictures... E-mail... Carmel pretzel ice cream... Foot Massages... Hair Brushings...Teenager-Style Clothes! (I have a problem ~ I still think I'm 18...)