Tuesday, July 22, 2008

The Campbell Family Reunion


The Whole Fam-Damily!
Tawnja, Jen, Brenda, Tiffany, Karmen, Debbie, Mom, Papa, Ben, Keith, Joel, Me, Tracy, & Val

We just got back from my 4 day Campbell Family Reunion at Albion School. It was such a great time! I think the best one so far... & every one of my brothers & sisters were there this year! All 12 of us! We had a huge water fight (the brother-in-laws targeted us poor women. I think they were liking the idea of a wet t-shirt contest...), played family Fear Factor (Ben & Keith served Asian missions & brought lots of gooey CRAP! It was AWESOME!), we had huge blow-up water slides, a Talent Night, a pool, a hot tub, our pyromaniac boys blew stuff up (apparently spaghettios fly the farthest in a big bonfire... & then they went for a 4 am dip in the pool in their skivvies), oh my heck, what DIDN'T we have??! I was sad to see it end and now I have to wait one whole year to see all my adorable nieces & nephews again!


Here's Bridger gagging down an oyster. At first, he challenged Keith to eat it which meant that if Keith ate it (and Keefy ain't scared of eating ANYTHING!) then Bridger HAD to eat it. No backing down ~ No spitting it out. Well, Bridger changed his mind & decided to just try it. He's a manly-man! He popped it in his mouth and a few gags later, he had it swallowed!
Tony is the next video, and he's totally not faking here! His gag reflex is SO sensative! He rolled the dice & had to eat SQUID IN ITS NATURAL INK! He thought he was going to chuck it up on everyone, so he took off away from everyone, continuing to gag while he tried to swallow! He said that when he bit into it, the ink just shot out into his mouth so absolutely disgustingly that he wanted to spit it out.. but he had to be a manly-man like Bridger. This was so funny! Aren't we morbid to laugh so hard while people gag & try not to barf?!?!


Here's Brikenna gagging down a "preserved" (that simply means it is old & rotton!) duck egg! She was having such a hard time swallowing it, but then everyone kept telling her not to choke on beaks & feathers, which was even more hilarious because that grossed her out even more! It took her long enough, but she finally did get it down after a few full-body convulsions! Oh, this Fear Factor is going to be a new tradition! What a hoot!!

21 comments:

Tiff George said...

Oh my heck - this was the best! You've got tons and tons of great pictures on here of everyone. And I was almost wetting my pants watching Tony gag on that squid. I was sitting next to Mindy, and we were laughing so hard we had tears streaming down our faces! This was the BEST!!

Deb-t said...

I am so ILL! This was the most grotesque thing ever and for some disgusting reason, I hope we do it every year!
I gagged and heaved and shivered just re-watching the video's. EW!
This was the BEST!

val said...

Agreeing Deb, I could barely stand to watch it AGAIN, but it was so dang funny, how could you not! Great pics, great video, great reunion!!!!! This was the BEST!

Allie said...

Oh I love family reunions! This one went by SO FAST! It was fun to watch people gag! (no way I would do fear factor!)

Traci said...

What a way fun family reunion for sure!!! Love all that you had and got to do!!!

Doney Days said...

You guys sure know how to throw a family reunion! I want to come to the next one. I love the pics and videos. For some reason it's so fun to watch people gag on gross things!

erika said...

You have a beautiful family.I wish I had a big family on my side.(I am an only child).
Looks like alot of fun.You guys know how to party!

Angee said...

How cool are Campbell Family Reunions?

I think that is the best family picture I have ever seen...

Ruuddudes said...

Thanks Ang &/or D! I tend to agree... :)

Levi and Marissa said...

Looks like you had so much fun! Thanks for the great reference.. I did get the job. It's a great full time job with benefits which is what my engaged self needs! :) I knew you'd speak highly of me :)

matt and suz said...

OH - I LOVE your family! Did you know when I was young, I memorized all the 12 kids names in order and practiced until I could rip them off so fast?...and I can still do it - it's ingrained in my brain! I just can't believe Aunt Verlayne had 12 children! And has lived to tell about it/enjoy it all...HOW?!? And seeing the picture of ALL of you just made me go, "AAAHHH!" That's so great(and very amazing) that you were ALL able to make it!

matt and suz said...

In case the "amp" is confusing you - that comment came from me, your cousin, Suzanne. I don't know WHY an "amp" is now appearing in the middle of my name - maybe you do since you're a "blogging genius" - it used to always just say, "matt & suz." How do I get rid of it?

Camille said...

Freaking hilarious! Wish I was there! You guys seriously have the best family ever!

Summer said...

wow. that looks like more fun than my stomach could handle. but so much fun that you could get the whole fam damily together. And hey, at least you named all your siblings right (i won't mention any names (cough, deb), but some people in your family have a hard time with that)... :)

Kitty said...

How sad for kenna! I totally wouldn't dare to do that.

erika said...

Hey I miss seeing you on my blog.Please don't forget poor Erika.

Jeff and Holly said...

Yummmy!!! I can't wait for you to invite us over for dinner! ;0)

Jeff and Lea said...

Where is fun, cute Koriann? On vacation? Hope all is well.

Dixie said...

I'm so ready for new pic's! You had to have done more fun stuff this summer! Come on! Get with it! Love you!

val said...

So, we're all begging for more blogging!!! I am leaving notes on everyones blogs, no one is blogging and I am feeling like the loser who has nothing better to do. Oh, I do have better, like a clean house would be nice. But not funner! Miss ya!

erika said...

Just wanted to let you know that I went Private,so send me your email.Here is my erikacampbell2@gmail.com

Family Reunion 2008!


Bear Lake


Ruud & Proud of it!

Summer at Bear Lake

Summer at Bear Lake

About Me

My photo
Montpelier, ID, United States
I love... mascara! (The more layers, the better!)... My hunka-love named Tony... My fabulous-five! (Brooklyn, Brikenna, Bridger, Brielle, & Brig!)... Sister's Weekends... Keith Urban! (If I were a polygamsit, he'd be husband #2...:)... A fast-paced game of volleyball... Warm Vacations... Olive Garden & Macaroni Grill... Cheating at card games (Hey, it's funner that way! :))... Funny shows... Snuggling in warm clothes straight from the dryer... Fast 4-Wheeler rides in the mud... Loud music... Big malls in big cities... Taking pictures... E-mail... Carmel pretzel ice cream... Foot Massages... Hair Brushings...Teenager-Style Clothes! (I have a problem ~ I still think I'm 18...)