Sunday, September 7, 2008

CRASHED!

Okay, so my dang computer crashed last month. I had SO MUCH to say, too! I mean, with an incredibly fun & busy summer, I was all ready to give you all a slide show of the Oregon Coast with my sister, Jen (I've never personally seen such beauty! Cliffs & waves... reminds me of the creation straight out of a temple video..) But I can't. See, all those wonderful pictures are lost in hard-drive land. My Christmas card picture of my kid's silhouettes on the Oregon Coast ~ GONE. My handsome little hottie nephew, Justin's Sr. Pictures ~ GONE (Good thing I had already made HIM a disk of them all!) Our fun visit to Utah for the Salt Lake Bees Game ~ GONE! All our Bear Lake escapades ~ GONE! First day of school pictures, I CAN'T EVEN load them! ARRG! I am helpless!

So, lessons learned when you have no computer:
*When the computer tells you that a fatal error is occurring & to please turn off the computer immediately, BELIEVE IT! After all, let's be honest, computers ARE smarter than us.
*When your friend tells you to just break down & PAY for virus protection, it isn't because they have a brother's cousin's boyfriend's neighbor that works for them & will make a buck off you...
*Credit Card companies who no longer send you paper statements DON'T CARE when you can't make a payment on time 'cause you can't get your e-mail, or passwords... In fact, I'm pretty sure they all went out to Disneyland on the fees & charges I just got slapped with!
*Bill Gates needs to come over for dinner & fix my stupid junk of plastic that I call a computer that has taken hostage all my perfectly beautiful pictures in it! And maybe he'll leave me a house for a tip...
*The library SUCKS when you have to blog from it. I mean, they won't let me hook up my camera to it so I can post pictures on my blog...
*Librarians are probably laughing at my expense. I like our librarians, but come on! Who can't resist making fun of idiots who don't have virus protection...
*I can't even think straight to make anymore reasons why I need a computer. The smoke coming out of my ears is blocking the monitor anyway.

Wow! I can type with a vengeance when I'm mad! I just re-read this post & thought about deleting it all, but then there would still be no post for my blog. I guess you'll all have to read this & remember that my demons momentarily came out & hopefully I can find some computer geek somewhere to fix this.

22 comments:

Cordie said...

That is my worst fear, well one of them. So sorry, that sucks sooo bad! Good luck, I hope you can get your pictures off of it.

erika said...

So sorry that it happen.Well I hope everythings works out.But so glad too see you your blog.We have miss you.
P.S Don't forget about me.(Rory is gone again).

Christian and Karen Robinson said...

You've just inspired me to back up all my pictures onto a disc. I'm so sorry! I love technology, but seriously, it really sucks sometimes.

Doney Days said...

Dan can probably fix it 'cause that what he does, computer nerd stuff. Problem is you're there and we're here! Dang computers! I'm sorry Gup!

Suzanne said...

OH NO!! That happened to us, too, about a year and a half ago. I had started this financial plan program, where I recorded EVERY expense & income, so I could "see the big picture" and that was ALL GONE - I was saddest about all that work DOWN THE DRAIN...we didn't have a digital camera with all those photos to lose (remember we're behind the times), but that would definitely be SAAAD, too! We now have a FLASH drive (it takes the place of a floppy disk) that every so often we copy our photos & financial plan stuff to it, so we never have that kind of trauma again.
Oh - I hope the computer guys can recover all the important stuff from your hard drive!!!

val said...

Hello Sis! I couldn't believe it when I saw you had updated! I was hoping your computer was fixed though... I hate computers too! There always seems to be something I don't understand going on with them...call D, huh? So glad to see a post on here and hear your fantanstic sense of humor! I love the background, so bright and colorful...different look for you! Miss ya treeee-mendously!!

Karmen said...

Hey, we both decided to come back into the blogging world on the same day! Welcome back sis, even though you are not fully back yet! I can't blame my lack-of-blogging on the computer, though. Hmmm...love the new look!

Camille said...

Yay glad to see you back! I'm sure all those pics were gorgepus cause lets face it... you take awesome pics! We took our big pic at the top of our blog at your own bear lake! Look at couple posts down on mine... I wrote something especially for you :)

Johnson Family said...

I am soooooooo sorry. I kept waiting to see you again at school to find out what was going on in your life. I took pictures of our Chicago trip once and left my camera in our rental car. It still haunts me. That just means that I'll have to go experience it again, and so will you!!! P.S. My blog isn't private anymore so feel free to stop by.

k8shoe said...

So sad about your computer! We just had a laptop die on us but luckily it gave us several months of warnings. We finally listened to it and backed up all of our pictures...luckily before it died. Call Rent-A-Geek or whatever, I'm sure they can help get your pictures off the computer. Hopefully because we all are dying to see them!

Jeff and Lea said...

I was glad to see a new post, then I read it and now I'm not so glad. So, so sorry! I hope that somehow you can retrieve your pictures. Where did you go on the Oregon coast? Did you love it?

Allie said...

Guppy, I know why it crashed! Ever sense you downloaded the pictures of me from the photo shoot you computer broke! Sorry! :)

Sondra said...

I'm sorry you poor kid! That is a nightmare! I rely on my computer so much. I suppose that I'd live without it, but not without big adjustments.

I hope that you get it up and running soon. I don't know how to fix anything myself either. I hope there is some way to get your pictures off.

I am glad that you were able to hang our with Jennifer.

Jen Ross said...

Oh Gup, ugh! I'm so sorry about all your computer problems!!! Loved your post though. I asked Justin to send you that disk...obviously he hasn't. I'll remind him. You know how senior teenagers are... Pat says to come visit us and you can blog from here! Luvu!

Dorian and Angie said...

I hope you get your pictures back well and the other important stuff too. So we need to get together soon. I wish Tony didnt have to work and you could have made it to Due West with us this week. Did Tim Gates really sing at your reception? And which sis didnt wait? I think he has an awesome voice. We heard them perform when they opened for and sang with the Nashville Tribute band when they performed in Farr West. They are very talented. Small world!

Brenda Campbell Hansen said...

That happened to us, too, about a year ago, and I am STILL mourning the loss of my pictures! Now I just keep my SD cards and don't delete them after I download them onto the computer. When they are full, I buy a new one. (they are really cheap at buy.com) love ya!

Deb-t said...

Geebum! Computers are totally gay and I seriously have no clue how you are coping. I swear I jump on mine 10 times a day for different things. I'm way sad for your picture loss. And everything else, too but the pictures, especially!

Tara Mc said...

I was wondering what happened to you. I'm so sorry about your computer. Whoever said diamonds are a girls best friend obviously didn't have a computer-full of priceless pictures. Hopefully things will work out and you'll find your new best frind in the computer man that will bring your stuff back to you.

Brooklyn said...

I know it sucks!!! I hate not being able to blog or check my e-mail, or anything!!

Dixie said...

Ok now I feel bad for complaining about no updates. So sorry! Here's hoping you get your pic's back.

Jeff and Holly said...

You poor poor girl!!! That is stinkin rough! I would die if that happended to me. Nothing is worse than loosing a great picture! Our Viris protection just expired and I have been getting renewal warnings for a couple weeks, I guess I had better suck it up and pay! If you ever want a computer to use, you are welcome to use one of ours.
See you soon, hopefully!

Brielle said...

I love you mom im glad we went to uncle Bens house.

Family Reunion 2008!


Bear Lake


Ruud & Proud of it!

Summer at Bear Lake

Summer at Bear Lake

About Me

My photo
Montpelier, ID, United States
I love... mascara! (The more layers, the better!)... My hunka-love named Tony... My fabulous-five! (Brooklyn, Brikenna, Bridger, Brielle, & Brig!)... Sister's Weekends... Keith Urban! (If I were a polygamsit, he'd be husband #2...:)... A fast-paced game of volleyball... Warm Vacations... Olive Garden & Macaroni Grill... Cheating at card games (Hey, it's funner that way! :))... Funny shows... Snuggling in warm clothes straight from the dryer... Fast 4-Wheeler rides in the mud... Loud music... Big malls in big cities... Taking pictures... E-mail... Carmel pretzel ice cream... Foot Massages... Hair Brushings...Teenager-Style Clothes! (I have a problem ~ I still think I'm 18...)