Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Fear Factor!

Above, Kenna is sticking her hand into the barf-bag for Fear Factor...

Brooklyn ~ plugging her nose because the smell was so nasty!

So, Girl's Camp was a blast, & I could go on forever about it, but I don't have time, so instead I'll just quickly tell you all about our camp Fear Factor. How hilarious! Peggy Jacobson, our YW President, brought all this grossout crap. There was fake barf, fake blood to drink, goat's milk, oysters, sardines, anchovies, catfood, & pigsfeet. I can't remember if there was anything else or not. All I know, it STUNK at our camp that night! And we had a herd of girls surrounding us, watching, laughing, gagging, & even attempting to eat it. It was a HOOT!
Kenna was one of them that participated. She was eating crap, and I couldn't watch, so I had to walk away. I was gagging just like when Bridger sucked that raw fish-eyeball out of the socket last Thanksgiving! Again, I had to walk away...
So, in a couple of weeks is our Campbell Kid's Family Reunion. I've asked my brothers, Keith & Ben, who both served missions with Asian cultures, & they are going to head it up for our reunion. Keith just e-mailed us and told us he thought there was an Asian market in SLC with edible bugs (like cockroaches) and pig's snout that they'd check into getting... I sure hope he's kidding! Either way, I can just see Karmen's husband, Brian, telling all his young nephews that it'll make them "manly-men" to eat it ~ just like he did when the eyeball-sucking took place. Oh! Can't wait to see what this reunion holds in store for us!



13 comments:

Allie said...

That sounds disgusting but fun! I don't think I could eat any of it but I would love to watch someone else!

KADYKAKES! said...

That sounds fun and it must have smelled.

Hubers said...

Hey KoriAnn, So I know we've hardly talked when I was living there and when I go and visit, but I just have to say that it would have been so much fun to have you as a girls camp director.. lol Some of the ones we had when I was home were so boring, and I could only imagine what kind of things would have been going on with you and Peggy being there...

val said...

Wow, what a fun camp! Kenna and Brooklyn's faces are so funny! I can't wait to see what happens at our reunion..or maybe I can. I am a wimp with eating gross stuff, I admit!

erika said...

Oh to be a teenager again.I love girls camp.I know you rock as a leader,because you are a kid in heart!
I think I would be a chicken too try those foods.

Deb-t said...

Uh, dang it. I can already tell I will be the wimpy gutless stupid girl at the reunion because I won't be able to stomache the fear factor game. I want to watch but know I probably won't be able to. Blast! Looks like you all had a grotesquely fabulous time at camp!

Katrina said...

That's funny that Goat's milk is considered a fear factor food. I have been drinking goat's milk for a few days now. But the rest of my family still thinks of it as way to weired to even try. I'm pretty sure I couldn't have tried anything else though!

I've been too busy lately to post to my blog or respond to anyone's for a little while. I'm not ignoring anyone, I promise. I bet girl's camp kept you so busy! But it looked like it was a lot of fun.

Jeff and Lea said...

What a BLAST!!! I wonder if I would've been brave enough to participate. Sounds like you had a great time. You are such a fun, great person. Love the pics. Those girls will always remember their experiences at girls camp.

Camille said...

Ok so how did you get these girls to eat that crap? YUCK! But sounds fun to watch :)

Jeff and Holly said...

Oh man, an eyeball?!! How did that come about? Fear factor was one of Jeff's favorite shows to watch. He would laugh his butt off when people gaged and threw up. I just don't see the fun in that. And If I am going to eat any of those groose things there had better be a reward of some sort! Not being labled a wimp just doesn't cut it for me!

Cordie said...

We did a fear factor last summer with our neighbors, I don't think I could even do the worst stuff if big bucks were at stake.

Karmen said...

Keith just called me and asked me to call the Chinese restaurants here (yeah, we have more than one!) and see if they have chicken feet! Must be for Fear Factor! Oh, and he wants me to see if our grocery stores have fresh sushi! I highly doubt it since we're Idaho! We'll see!
Oh, and did I mention it was Keith Urban who called me, not our brother? Just in case you were wondering! Oh, and Keith and Nicole had their baby and named her Sunday! Probably cuz he met me on a Sunday (It has nothing to do with "Raining on Sunday")

Sondra said...

Yucky! But the girls will definitely remember that for a long time! Girl's camp is wonderful. Tiff always loves it.

Family Reunion 2008!


Bear Lake


Ruud & Proud of it!

Summer at Bear Lake

Summer at Bear Lake

About Me

My photo
Montpelier, ID, United States
I love... mascara! (The more layers, the better!)... My hunka-love named Tony... My fabulous-five! (Brooklyn, Brikenna, Bridger, Brielle, & Brig!)... Sister's Weekends... Keith Urban! (If I were a polygamsit, he'd be husband #2...:)... A fast-paced game of volleyball... Warm Vacations... Olive Garden & Macaroni Grill... Cheating at card games (Hey, it's funner that way! :))... Funny shows... Snuggling in warm clothes straight from the dryer... Fast 4-Wheeler rides in the mud... Loud music... Big malls in big cities... Taking pictures... E-mail... Carmel pretzel ice cream... Foot Massages... Hair Brushings...Teenager-Style Clothes! (I have a problem ~ I still think I'm 18...)