Thursday, June 19, 2008

Girl's Camp

I SO feel like I've been neglecting my cyber-friends & family for the past few months. I mean, I'm not leaving YOU all comments like I should (come on, I know half of you are out there cussing me..."I'M not leaving her a comment if SHE isn't leaving ME any!!!" :)) so I just thought I'd take a quick second to explain why before I need to up and finish the next project. See, I'm the Camp Director for Girl's Camp in my ward, and camp is next Tuesday. So I've been real BUSY. Oh, we are gonna have a BLAST! The sad thing is, Cordie and Lea ~who I now blog with and who both live out of state from me now, as well as my perfectly fab sister, Tif, ~ were my YOUNG WOMEN the LAST time I was Camp Director! That was 7 years ago. I was pregnant with Brielle at the time (Remember girls? You all were so concerned that my "P-nut" was okay. Several times we had to stress the "t" on that word, because the other campers thought we were being naughty... hee hee. Nope, not naughty, just pregnant & sick with my baby named "P-nut". ) Anywhoo, this is me with the Young Women's presidency in our ward, Alisha Perkins, Debra Jacobs, and Peggy Jacobson. We are wearing our camp shirts. I made them. The girls wanted football jerseys, but they were WAY too much money, so I made these on my computer. Pretty close to a jersey, & they have BLING! I think they turned out FABULOUS if I say so myself.

Do any of you out there have any fabulous ideas I can steal from YOUR girl's camps? I think I've got great stuff planned, but you never know... someone out there just might give me something fab I haven't thought of. Let's hear it ladies! (I'm always into the mischievious & I'm a bit of a rule breaker... Remember when we mooned everyone at skit night 7 years ago? Hey, we had long johns on, too! Go Camp Ammon!)

15 comments:

Cordie said...

I haven't been hanging out in the blogging world lately either so don't feel bad! Life is busy! I can remember the good ol' days at girls camp with you. You are the funnest person for the job! I love the shirts!

Kitty said...

Very cute shirts! I wish I could come to G-camp with you too, you are always a blast! Are you in RS still too? Busy, busy girl! I only went to G-camp once (as the chef? what the?) and the thing I remembered that was fun was having the girls fill out a questionair thing of silly questions and reading them around the campfire..ok, no wonder I was the chef... I stink at this stuff...But good luck and have fun! Love, Val

k8shoe said...

I so miss girl's camp! Those yw are lucky to have such a fun person as their director! So how'd you make the shirts?

Karmen said...

Hey, I just got back from Girls Camp a couple of hours ago and I just got out of a loooong shower and I thought I'd check some blogs really quick before I fall asleep! We had a blast and we're all beat, but it's too late for you to do anything we did...rapelling, obstacle course, game shows (don't forget the lyrics; password), Bishop's challenge (contest between bishops in the stake...fun!), Night hike, archery...
Oh, and I love your shirts! WAY cute! Okay, I really need a nap now before I unpack all my gear...

Charity Smith said...

Hey wasn't that 8 years ago! I thought it was the summer before I got married! That was a long time ago! Don't let a stray camper camp with you I hear it's way to much drama! Hope you have a blast! I love love love the shirts!!!

Traci said...

Good Luck and have a blast at camp!! You look like you have a great group of women to help you out at well.
So love the shirts you made! The girls will love them too!
Can't wait to hear all about your adventures when you return!

Tiff George said...

Oh Guppy - YOU are the one that WE all go to when WE need ideas - I've got nothin! But I just know you're ready to go with plenty of fun and mischevous ideas. Girls camp was a blast 7 years ago, and with you as the leader, I'm sure it'll be just as fun this time around! LOVE the shirts, and yes...go camp Ammon!

Tracy Beckett said...

Guppy--I just got back yesterday from camp, so I'm still getting unloaded, but it was AWESOME! We had a ball. And the song I sent you was the best part of it--the girls mentioned it so much in testimony meeting and all wanted copies; hopefully you will get to use it because it really brought the spirit and helped the girls feel the Savior's love. Have a ball! I love you so.

Jeff and Lea said...

You were and still are I'm sure the best camp director! We had so much fun with you. I love being naughty (hehe). Love the jerseys you made, so cool. Didn't we try to do blue darts and my dad was just disgusted? He said Girls don't do that stuff! LOL. The best times!

Johnson Family said...

I am so sorry that I didn't get back to you on those jerseys. Our lives have been so crazy lately. You did a way cute job on them by the way. Have fun. I have only been to girls camp 2 times in my life and really don't remember much. The one I remember the most was having one of the most spiritual experiences ever when we had a testimony meeting. It was one of those life changing moments.
Good Luck!! You are doing an amazing thing here.

Callie, Shawn and Braxton said...

Love the shirts. I didn't realize the young women presidency was Alisha, Peggy, and Debra. You have some great people to work with. DOn't have any ideas for you, sorry. I'm sure whatever you have planned will be awesome. Are you guys going to 8 mile again? Good luck.

Camille said...

Dang girl- you are so good! Making shirts on the computer?? WOW- sounds like I could learn a thing or two from you! You will be awesome as the girls camp director!

Jayson & Carrie said...

Well speaking of girls camp...I remember that year...and I have the lovely pictures of you in your full one-piece jammies to prove it! Wouldn't that be a great post! I should send you those pictures anyways. :) You and your p-nut belly, although it just looks like the rest of us on a good day! :)

Jeff and Holly said...

Hope you are having a blast about now. It was so fun vititing with you the other night. I can't wait to hit the beach. I let my hunny know, I AM going! See you!

yellowbelt said...

Hi Mrs.Ruud This is Luke Perkesfrom school.You might remember me.My blog is yellowbeltstripe.blogspot.com
Bye!

Family Reunion 2008!


Bear Lake


Ruud & Proud of it!

Summer at Bear Lake

Summer at Bear Lake

About Me

My photo
Montpelier, ID, United States
I love... mascara! (The more layers, the better!)... My hunka-love named Tony... My fabulous-five! (Brooklyn, Brikenna, Bridger, Brielle, & Brig!)... Sister's Weekends... Keith Urban! (If I were a polygamsit, he'd be husband #2...:)... A fast-paced game of volleyball... Warm Vacations... Olive Garden & Macaroni Grill... Cheating at card games (Hey, it's funner that way! :))... Funny shows... Snuggling in warm clothes straight from the dryer... Fast 4-Wheeler rides in the mud... Loud music... Big malls in big cities... Taking pictures... E-mail... Carmel pretzel ice cream... Foot Massages... Hair Brushings...Teenager-Style Clothes! (I have a problem ~ I still think I'm 18...)