Monday, October 20, 2008

The Waterboy...



So, Sacrament Meeting turned out to be a tad bit embarrassing for me. Tony was just called to be the new Young Men's President last week, so they asked him to speak in Sacrament Meeting yesterday. Brig (my 2-year-old sprinter), had to be taken out of the chapel at the VERY beginning of the meeting because he likes to go visiting... very loudly I might add... every single bench in the chapel. So anywhoo~ Kenna had taken him out & I was sitting there quietly enjoying the nice meeting... then it was Tony's turn to speak. Tony got up and was doing a fantastic job of relating the game of life to the game of football. He was talking about how Heavenly Father is calling the plays & the Savior is our quarterback, running the team. We are all on this winning team yada, yada, yada. It was really good. He was really relating to the young men with this whole football analogy. Little did I know that Brig ALSO heard Tony's voice from the depths of the hallway where Kenna was letting him do VROOM VROOM up and down the corridors with his toy jeep. Brig took off for the chapel, following the sound of his daddy's voice, & Kenna snagged him before he got in the door. She sat him on her lap to listen to daddy's talk. Then he pulled a Houdini & apparently (according to Kenna, it was shear MAGIC that he escaped), jumped off her lap and took off for daddy! I didn't even know they had come in until there was this adorable little sound of prancing feet as they RAN (told you this kid was a sprinter!) to the front of the chapel! I just FROZE! I mean, seriously, I lost all spine I previously had & just sat there paralyzed! The giggling begins from the congregation. I throw a quick glare to Kenna for letting the little devil loose, & she is just hiding down in the bench, as if that somehow HELPED the situation. So Brig is on the stairs near the podium, smiling gorgeously to everyone. As he's standing there melting everyone's hearts, I'm mouthing to one of our Bishopric members (the one that Brig LOVES) to tell him to grab Brig. So, we've got Bro. Lauridsen in this "grab the wild baby" stance, Tony trying to keep on giving his talk, Kenna's still being a big coward and ducking down REAL low into the bench, the congregation is now OPENLY LAUGHING (can't they even PRETEND to stifle it?!?!) & Brig decides to sprint across the entire stage! He's so fast! Bro. Lauridsen misses him. Daddy misses him. The HORROR of it! I finally found my backbone & stood up and walked up to the stand (hoping & praying the whole time that my presence wouldn't spark another baby- race past the Bishopric) & snagged him by the Sacrament table.. Then I had to turn to the laughing congregation & walk, red-faced, out the door & into the hallway. So much for my husband's nice talk being reverent or anything... We decided that with all that football talk, Brig thought we just needed a waterboy!

20 comments:

Jeff and Holly said...

I LOVE church stories! My little Brin is our wards "sprinter", actually she goes to the front of the chapel just below the podium and she runs back and forth and when the music starts she gets her boogy on! My Bishop insists he is in love with her and it doens't bother him in the least, but I worry that no one has heard a word from the speakers in months! If we try to stop her, she SCREAMS!!

I will also share with you a funny little story that happend to us in Ohio. We were asked to speak in our ward about 6 months after we moved there. We decided that it would be best if we took turns sitting with the kids, rather than having the whole family up by the podium. While Jeff was giving his talk Talon was being a little turd! You know how it is, with Dad the kids are great, with Mom the kids do what ever they want! Anyway, Talon was using the bench in front of us as his personal jungle gym, I was holding baby Emilie and Jeff was clueless to his roudy boy. I was just about to grab him when he some how managed to flip himself over the bench while making some incedably noisy thumps. Right in the middle of his talk Jeff YELLED "TAALLOON!!!" into the microphone! For a second it was dead silent while Jeff went purple in the face, and then the whole place broke out in laughter. With that all ice was broken and we made all kinds of friends. Who would have thought!

Cordie said...

That is the funniest story! Anyways we are in Ann Arbor, MI going to law school. It is awesome here but we really miss family. We are going home for Christmas and I am so excited!!

Cassie Skinner said...

To funny KoriAnn, wish I could have been there to enjoy the moment. Sometimes I think this is the only reason that I go to church is to chase naughty kids. But we love them anyways right. I'm sure they will let you in the chapel doors next week, unless you would like to stay home from now on. I have often thought that I could act like I am sick every week but I'm sure we wouldn't be as blessed for the next time we go, things could be alot worse. You are awesome and I am sure everyone enjoyed watching. Good luck next week.

Jared and Steph Gunn said...

Call you! Call you! Your dang straight I'm gonna call you. Whats mine is yours. Your invited to every birthday party here even your own ha ha since you share a b day with Stets. Hey better idea. your the party Planner let me just give you the dateS. Hey funny story about Brig. Will he ever let you let your hair down???

Suzanne said...

It happens...
I had not one, but TWO kids start throwing up in Sacrament Meeting before (I've got a "sympathy throw-up-er!) We made all kinds of racket scrambling for diaper wipes or SOMETHING...what d'ya do?!? The Priests sitting up behind the Sacrament table start bustin' up - that's for sure! It was one of the first weeks in a new ward, too - what an impression we make!!

Jen Ross said...

Oh Gup, I couldn't even read this out loud to Pat because I was laughing so hard! I can just picture the whole thing! Hope Tony was able to regain his composure and finish his talk! :-)

Luvu!

Allie said...

I love Briggy! That is too funny! I love the pictures of him that you posted! They are picture perfect! You could make a gazillian dollars from taking kids pictures! (And audults!)

Kally said...

Good job Brig, I am proud of you. Sacrament is a little boring, it is a good thing we got little tiny people to make it an adventure huh. I love it.

Traci said...

What a cute story! Atleast you know everyone at church and they can laugh about it too, but know how you feel. I think alot if us have those runners! What a great memory though! he-he

Deb-t said...

So is it possible to print out blog pages? You have such funny stories and you tell them in a great way! Why keep a journal when you have a blog, right?
Tell Ton-T congrats on the new calling and that he will be great at it! Sounds like his talk was a real attention grabber...in more ways than one!

Brenda Campbell Hansen said...

OH! I feel your PAIN!
Do you Remember Mykals yelling "BONSAI!!!" and jumping off of the podium wall story? Then grabbing the sacrament cloth and running and sacrament trays all "Klink! Klink! Klinking!" and me grabbing him right before they all splattered to the floor story? I KNOW what you mean by "frozen in horror"

erika said...

Boys will be boys.
Doesn't feel like its only your child being naughty at church.
But we all be threw it.

Katrina said...

That is so funny. He sounds adorable. I wish I could have seen it too.

That's great that Tony got that calling. His talk, and your son's reaction to hearing his voice probably helped to warm up the young men to him.

Holly's story is pretty funny too.

Tiff George said...

Oh that funny little naughty Briggy boy! He sure gives the rest of us good laughs...at least you can laugh about this now! Glad you're back in the blogging world!

Tiff George said...

Oh, and congrats to Tony on the new calling! Mike is the YM Pres in our ward, and he's excited we're moving soon (oh, did I tell you we bought a HOUSE?! I'll be blogging about it as soon as it's all finalized...) to be DONE with it! Hopefully you guys have some fun and exciting youth in your ward - the YM in our ward are...hmmm, how do we put it? Interesting!

Camille said...

Gup... you should be a writer, seriously!! You tell stories better then anyone I know... like I felt like I was there reading about it! That Bridge... such a stinkin cutie... ha ha ha I'm sure you were thinking different at the time :)

val said...

First of all, those pics of Brig are ferociously handsome! The little devil is so darn cute, and I can just 'see' your whole story unfolding as you told it! Thanks for the entertainment, sorry for your embarrassment~ And then, congrats to Tony for his new calling! Very exciting, he will be perfect for it! Wish we could've heard his talk...and helped snag Brig! Miss ya, Sis!

k8shoe said...

I want to come to your ward. It sounds very entertaining! :) Brig sounds like a cutie!

Karmen said...

That, my sister, is the BLOG POST OF THE WEEK! Man Man is so notty and hilarious at the same time! I can just see the whole scenario! Oh, and Brian spoke a few weeks ago and he related Football to the gospel too!? Seriously! WHat's up with our hubbies?! Guess we better start planning another SuperBowl party!

Steph said...

Oh Guppy, that boy will continue to make me laugh as long as he lives.

Family Reunion 2008!


Bear Lake


Ruud & Proud of it!

Summer at Bear Lake

Summer at Bear Lake

About Me

My photo
Montpelier, ID, United States
I love... mascara! (The more layers, the better!)... My hunka-love named Tony... My fabulous-five! (Brooklyn, Brikenna, Bridger, Brielle, & Brig!)... Sister's Weekends... Keith Urban! (If I were a polygamsit, he'd be husband #2...:)... A fast-paced game of volleyball... Warm Vacations... Olive Garden & Macaroni Grill... Cheating at card games (Hey, it's funner that way! :))... Funny shows... Snuggling in warm clothes straight from the dryer... Fast 4-Wheeler rides in the mud... Loud music... Big malls in big cities... Taking pictures... E-mail... Carmel pretzel ice cream... Foot Massages... Hair Brushings...Teenager-Style Clothes! (I have a problem ~ I still think I'm 18...)