Friday, February 20, 2009

Our Family Just Grew By Two!

Te-Yu Lin or "Danny" from TaiwanAnuwat Budda or "Noo" from Thailand

Bridger, Kenna, Danny, Brielle, Noo, Brooklyn, & Me


Danny on the drums, Noo on the Guitar, Bridger rocking out the vocals! Brooklyn just looking cute.

Oh, we've had such a fun thing happen to our family. We got Foreign Exchange Students! Danny is from Taiwan and Noo is from Thailand. They are hilarious. They've been in our home now for almost 2 weeks, & it has been non-stop laughter. They are so fun. Their sense of humor is amazing & innocent. Our kids are loving having "big brothers". They are helpful around the house & actually get my own kids to work by jumping in to clear the dinner table or take out the trash (without me asking them to. WHAT? They are awesome!). Anywhoo ~ they've only been here a short period of time, but we've already had a dance-off in the basement (holy crap, they are good!), gone 4 wheeler riding (now that was scary! :)), Tony took them winter camping in a snow cave, rockband tours (Okay, they can run both the foot pedal AND the drums at the same time. How on earth? That is impossible!), etc. We've played lots of crazy games, & recently learned thru the game "WhoNu" that Danny secretly loves Fashion Magazines & Noo is scared of Unicorns! Unicorns?!? Really?! hee hee! You'll have to tease them both about those... In fact, we took them to the mall in Pocatello, & a photographer walked up to Danny & asked if he could take pictures of him for a "Face of Pocatello" campaign. How awesome! Who knows. Maybe he'll end up BEING in one of these American Fashion Magazines someday!

All my kids just love them, especially Brig. Danny & Noo will chase him around the house or play hide & seek with him or just talk to him & make him laugh. It has been such a blessing to have them move in. How lucky we are to have these guys join our family for the next 3 months! Tonight, we are going to Salt Lake to hit a Jazz game & even though they are Koby Bryant fans (gag, hiss, puke!) they promised to cheer on the jazz since we are playing New Orleans. I'm excited that my nephew, Andrew, will be there with them so they don't get lost in the crowd! We will also hit Temple Square & meet all the family of mine that will be in Utah for the game. I think they like us right now, but maybe the masses of people in my family will scare them off! :) We are glad they can be in our family for a short time. We just love them!

14 comments:

Tiff George said...

Well aren't they just handsome! I'm so glad they got to come and stay with you guys, and I can't wait to meet them tomorrow. Sounds like you guys have already shown them a lot of fun things to do in good ol' Idaho - then again - that's to be expected from you guys. You guys sure know how to have a good time and are the funnest people I know! Welcome to the family, boys!

Brenda Campbell Hansen said...

Awesome! Sounds like they are fun AND helpful! Maybe they should come stay at my house...you should come for a visit! We haven't seen ya'll for almost a month now! We are missing you. So glad Danny and Noo get to be with you guys, you are so much fun.

Kally said...

That is awesome Im glad you guys put some pictures on here, that is cool, sounds like you guys are having a great time. Im glad.

Allie said...

Kenna said one of their names was top secret... :) I can't wait to see you tonight or tomorrow! That is pretty cool that they are from 2 different countries!

Jeff and Lea said...

That is soooo cool! They look like really cool guys. Are you gonna convert them? J/K!

Jen Ross said...

It was so fun to get to meet Noo and Danny. What nice young men! I'm so happy they have the opportunity to enjoy the United States even more during their last three months! Give them and your other kids a hug from Aunt Jen! Love you!

erika said...

What a neat thing to do.

Jeff and Holly said...

How fun! From the looks of thier pictures they look like they have great personalities. I'm glad you guys are having a great time. You'll have to fill me in on how you got them. I have always wanted to host.

Cordie said...

How fun and good for you, it is such a good way to get some culture into ones life!

Karmen said...

"I'm not going to lie" but I think they are so dang fun and handsome! And I love how they're always saying, "I'm not going to lie..."!

val said...

That was so fun to get to meet your cute new boys! How fun to have an instant family like this! I have to still wait almost 6 months for my addition to show up as more than a big bump. I love how giving your family always is! So glad you all are together!

Sondra said...

That is so cool! We had a foreign exchange student from Beijin China last year, but only for three weeks. I want to finish a little more of our house and host another student as soon as we are able. When Lara was here she stayed in Tiff's room and Tiff had to give up her bed for three weeks.

I think Noo and Danny are so lucky to be staying with your fun and awesome family.

Lexi Sherman said...

Fun pics!!! LOoks like they will never want to leave!!!LOl

Katrina said...

Koriann, I just wanted to wish you a very happy birthday! I love you. I hope the weather is starting to look sort of springlike there. Miss you.

Family Reunion 2008!


Bear Lake


Ruud & Proud of it!

Summer at Bear Lake

Summer at Bear Lake

About Me

My photo
Montpelier, ID, United States
I love... mascara! (The more layers, the better!)... My hunka-love named Tony... My fabulous-five! (Brooklyn, Brikenna, Bridger, Brielle, & Brig!)... Sister's Weekends... Keith Urban! (If I were a polygamsit, he'd be husband #2...:)... A fast-paced game of volleyball... Warm Vacations... Olive Garden & Macaroni Grill... Cheating at card games (Hey, it's funner that way! :))... Funny shows... Snuggling in warm clothes straight from the dryer... Fast 4-Wheeler rides in the mud... Loud music... Big malls in big cities... Taking pictures... E-mail... Carmel pretzel ice cream... Foot Massages... Hair Brushings...Teenager-Style Clothes! (I have a problem ~ I still think I'm 18...)