Saturday, November 29, 2008

FIRE!

So, yesterday I'm in the basement & all of a sudden I hear a whole bunch of commotion upstairs. I am a mom, so OF COURSE I can't ignore it, & I go flying up the stairs. Tony is outside on the back deck putting out a fire from a greasy pan. Apparently he started cooking, then got side-tracked watching a football game, & forgot about the pan. Brig was sitting at the island in the kitchen & says in the sweetest little non-emergency, but most admiring voice, "FIRE!" Everyone ignored him for a few seconds while he continued to repeat his amazement, then someone actually looked up to see what he was talking about... And he was talking about FIRE! The pan had fire all the way up past the microwave oven that hangs above it. That's the commotion I heard ~ everyone RUNNING to grab Brig & put out the fire! Luckily Tony was smart enough not to throw water on it (I've seen that you-tube clip about grease fires & water... YIKES!) & so there I am watching him put out our fire on the back porch. What a smart 2 year old! He saved our home from destruction by telling us there was a fire! I've spawned a genius, I tell you! And I'm married to an idiot... (hee hee just kidding!)
So anyway, today I'm sitting there & Brig comes walking up to me with that same innocent yet amazed look on his face & he takes my hand & says, "Wanna see my fire? I made it myself!" Panic mode hits! I mean, I'm BELIEVING this kid, now! Remember, he saved us just a day earlier?? So I pick him up & yell, "Where?! Where is the fire?!" & this adorable little guy leads me to the HUMIDIFIER he had turned on in the bedroom. You see, it makes FOG... but it looks like SMOKE coming out the top of it, so he thought he had made a FIRE! Relief! No Fire! Just this cute little kid who thought he had made a fire because he had seen smoke. Oh, he melts me...

17 comments:

Cordie said...

Brigg the Hero! I almost burnt down our apartment a few weeks ago. I have never used a gas oven and decided to put hot pads under the oven which is supposedly the broiler but I didn't know. Anyways put something in the oven, smelled smoke, opened the oven, lots of flames, used fire extinguisher, and learned my lesson.
Also what did you think of Twilight?

Jared and Steph Gunn said...

yikes!!! What a sweety!Was there damage? Or just a close one?

Cordie said...

I have the Xti they just came out with a newer version called the xsi. There isn't much difference between the two cameras except for the price. My camera is 10 megapixels, the zoom all determines on what lens you have. Mine came with the 15-55mm lens, and it was $500. I asked a lot of people they say it is a very good camera to start with as far as SLR cameras go. I love mine and couldn't be happier!

Brenda Campbell Hansen said...

Yipes! How scary! This summer our neighbor a few doors down caught there house on fire the same way, they all got out, but that was the first of June, and they are still not back in their house! Yahoo! Briggie! You are a hero!

Camille said...

Oh how scary! Good thing it was Tony to the rescue... I think I would've been the dumb one to put water on it!!! Ah! Now I know :)

Callie, Shawn and Braxton said...

wow. I'm glad that you didn't get any great damage. That's crazy!!

Jeff and Holly said...

That story is so funny! I could totally see myself in Tony's shoes. I get side-tracted so easy and I am the queen of not listening to my kids. They have taught me well how to use selective hearing!

Jeff and Lea said...

Wow, great job Brig! He is smart. Glad your house didn't burn down and no one got hurt. Sorry I haven't been leaving comments lately. It seems I have no time to blog anymore. I'll try to do better.

Cassie Skinner said...

How scary!!!! He is definitely a genus!!!!!!!!!!!! I am glad you all had not left the house to go run a errand or something. Close call Ruuddudes........

Karmen said...

Man-Man to the rescue! Oh, I miss him already! (So I don't get it...he screams and yells when I sing him a song, but he quietly says, "fire" when your kitchen is aflame! What's wrong with this picture?!

Glad all is well, though!

Deb-t said...

Oh no! Was there any damage to the cupboards or microwave?! Brig is going to grow up and be a fireman, I just know it because he can totally keep his cool in an emergency!

Allie said...

Hilarious! Brigg Boy saves the day! Way to go and I am glad you house is still standing! :)

erika said...

Glad that everthing work out ok!
Shane ahd the same problem,but they didn't catch in time.So the whole kitchen was bad.(Those silly teenagers.)

Katrina said...

I'm glad your kitchen didn't burn down and nobody was hurt. Brigg sounds like an adorable little smarty. I'm glad he knows to tell you of any fires, even if it is just a humidifier. I miss you guys.

Kally said...

Yikes how scary,how good that Brig yelled fire and glad you got it put out, I like Camille would have probably thrown water on it as well, now I know also! :) Cute little Brig we miss you guys, haven't seen you for a while.

val said...

Ok, so I got stuck on the part that your husband was cooking... Wow, doesn't happen around here! Then later that you married an idiot. Well, at least he's an idiot that tries to cook! (j/k Tone!) But Brig, you little love calmly telling the fam about the fire! Then I love his humidiFIRE story... too cute, you little love! I'm so glad there wasn't damage or anyone getting burned by the oil!!!

Kitty said...

Brig is sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo CUTE!

Family Reunion 2008!


Bear Lake


Ruud & Proud of it!

Summer at Bear Lake

Summer at Bear Lake

About Me

My photo
Montpelier, ID, United States
I love... mascara! (The more layers, the better!)... My hunka-love named Tony... My fabulous-five! (Brooklyn, Brikenna, Bridger, Brielle, & Brig!)... Sister's Weekends... Keith Urban! (If I were a polygamsit, he'd be husband #2...:)... A fast-paced game of volleyball... Warm Vacations... Olive Garden & Macaroni Grill... Cheating at card games (Hey, it's funner that way! :))... Funny shows... Snuggling in warm clothes straight from the dryer... Fast 4-Wheeler rides in the mud... Loud music... Big malls in big cities... Taking pictures... E-mail... Carmel pretzel ice cream... Foot Massages... Hair Brushings...Teenager-Style Clothes! (I have a problem ~ I still think I'm 18...)