Saturday, May 24, 2008

Another year down...

Brielle's 1st grade class at the Pocatello zoo! Brielle & friends in front of the zoo sign.

Field Trip with the 3rd grade class: Bridger churning some butter...
Bridger milking a cow in Logan at the Heritage Farm Museum
Mixed emotions... I mean the school year is almost over & I don't have to continue the whole routine anymore! I can let the kids stay up late again! No homework for 3 hours straight after school anymore! No more making sure there are clean socks & underwear in the drawers! No more going into the school on Wednesdays to help in the classrooms. No school responsibilities.. PERIOD.. for the next 3 months! I can totally slack in the mother-department. I can lay out on the trampoline while my baby "jumps"... it is really an excuse to get a tan and if the bishop happens to drive by, he'll think we are just playing in the sprinklers. No sin there. I can let my kids wear the same clothes every day until Sunday when I make them take a proper bath (during the summer, Bear Lake serves as bathing grounds ... little sandy, but oh, well.) AAAHHHH! Can't wait! But here's where the mixed emotions come in... The house will be stinkin' messy for the next 3 months, too. Let's be real. The only time my house is really ever clean is when there is no one here! So, if everyone is gonna be home every day, you might as well expect a total pigsty. Messy, dirty, chaos. Who cares. I finally won't be inside to care. I'll be outside mowing the lawn, weeding something, begging my sod to grow, or anything else that lets me soak in the sun while we have it! I'll have the best farmer's tan there is. Well, besides my sister, Tracy. She's always the winner there. Anywhoo ~ I'm SO ready for summer!!! Yeah!



15 comments:

Deb-t said...

Loved this post! So much truth to it all. Anything goes in summer and the kids are an excuse for everything! You are so clever in what you come up with.
I hate you. But I love you more!

Traci said...

Sounds like a fun relaxing summer! My tykes still have a month to go. School doesn't get out till June 20th!!! We are already going a week later cause of snow days! Bummer!

erika said...

I am so ready for the summer break.For me beacuse I am done teaching& going to school.I am also ready for the warm weather too!

k8shoe said...

I'm so ready for school to be out too...just wish the weather would warm up! I love the trampoline part. I might have to use that excuse!

Dorian and Angie said...

That is how our summer is going to go too! Hopefully the weather will shape up so we can all be outside! Lets BBQ soon and celibrate! Were ready to get beat by the RUUDS ROCKBAND!

Camille said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Camille said...

Aw yes... summer. It's a beautiful thing! I am so excited for trips to the pool, I just might wet my pants... oops did I just say that out loud :)

Deb-t said...

Yeah, so I love your MUTT Lange vs. Princess Shania Twain poll on your front page. I'm so irritated I think I'll blog about it soon because who the DEVIL would do such a thing to her?! He's a jerk!

Brooklyn said...

Hello mom, sorry I haven't commentd in your blog in such a long time!!! Looks like fun!

Tracy Beckett said...

Yea! I love summer. Today is the kids last day of school here. Yahoo! Your post was great and brought a smile to my face! You can so beat me on the farmer tan this year--I've been too cold to wear short sleeves or shorts yet, so I'm still in long sleeves and long pants...

val said...

Amen to all of that! So happy to get a little relaxed in the schedule department, though I know I will crave it again soon! And yes, the messy house has set in again... oh wait, it never wasn't. Oops, still hoping to figure that one out! In the meantime, I will be wishing for that nice Bear Lake Breeze to cool me off! No tan for me, it will be too hot to go out again :(

Jared and Steph Gunn said...

Im baaaccckkk! I love you and miss you. And I love your faboulous news. Tell Tony bravo for hanging in. Only better things are headed your way. I can feel it. Hugs and Kisses you ruud dudes.

Deb-t said...

Ummmm, I'm trying to figure out WHY your poll on Shania had the most votes under, "WHO CARES?" Who voted?! I'm appalled! If nothing else, your poll raised more awareness as to how idiotic Mutt really is.
How can anyone not appreciate her existence?!

val said...

funny Deb, I was thinking the same thing!

Kitty said...

That's so funny!

Family Reunion 2008!


Bear Lake


Ruud & Proud of it!

Summer at Bear Lake

Summer at Bear Lake

About Me

My photo
Montpelier, ID, United States
I love... mascara! (The more layers, the better!)... My hunka-love named Tony... My fabulous-five! (Brooklyn, Brikenna, Bridger, Brielle, & Brig!)... Sister's Weekends... Keith Urban! (If I were a polygamsit, he'd be husband #2...:)... A fast-paced game of volleyball... Warm Vacations... Olive Garden & Macaroni Grill... Cheating at card games (Hey, it's funner that way! :))... Funny shows... Snuggling in warm clothes straight from the dryer... Fast 4-Wheeler rides in the mud... Loud music... Big malls in big cities... Taking pictures... E-mail... Carmel pretzel ice cream... Foot Massages... Hair Brushings...Teenager-Style Clothes! (I have a problem ~ I still think I'm 18...)